THE VISION“If something burns your soul with purpose and desire, it’s your duty to be reduced to ashes by it. Any other form of existence will be yet another dull book in the library of life.” ― Charles Bukowski
Hestia Health is a lifelong vision of mine about teaching and assisting people in healing from within. It is my vision that Hestia Health will be a vehicle for myself and others to spread knowledge and ideas that enlighten and expand human consciousness. To communicate a healing consciousness to one another, to better our health and the world.
- Providing solid, motivational education meant to empower and promote enduring lifestyle changes through self-awareness and the attainment of joy
- Promote healing as an interdependent and holistic pursuit that involves all aspects of self; mind, body, and spirit
- Promote the attainment of a calm mind and open heart with my clients and community
- Understand that all healing starts within and moves outward
- Be a vehicle for others to spread knowledge and new ideas that serve to enlighten and expand human consciousness
WHO WAS HESTIA?
Hestia was the goddess of hearth and home. You have all heard the expression the home is where the heart is. This is the spirit of Hestia. Hestia had an internal focus, choosing to put her efforts towards meditation and contemplation. She was represented by the eternal flame symbolizing the center point within each one of us. She found sacredness in the ordinary and was able to see beauty in the fundamental activities that allowed for her existence. Her name means ‘the essence’, the true nature of things. All change starts with the individual at their center and moves outward. The more we begin to look within, the greater our understanding of our own what it means to truly heal. We are at a point in history, when more than ever, we need to understand our connectedness. This can only be achieved once we still our minds and open our hearts. Mindfulness, meditation, breath, awareness, and gratitude must be the focus. These are the things that will begin our healing; mind, body, and spirit.